Thursday, October 22, 2020

Love Her So Much / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  Here's my latest layout for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2020 September Hip Kits.  I went with a muted rainbow color scheme, and I love how it turned out.  I cut the strips from a Crate Paper Marigold patterned paper and embellished tone-on-tone with pieces from the same collection as well as the Pinkfresh Studio Days of Splendor collection.

 

I used textured white cardstock for the base, and I coated the bottom area here with clear gesso.  I used the Whale Watch Blue Lindy's Magical Powder from the Color Kit to extend the blue areas down a bit.  I wanted it to show below the photo area.  I used one of the gold puffy Thickers as the title and combined with some of the small black alpha stickers from the Maggie Holmes Sticker Book.
I didn't want to add to much to the strips, but I did want to soften the colors up around the photo area.  I smudged down some white gesso for that and then splattered some white acrylic paint.  I sorted through all of the stickers, die cuts and chipboard pieces in the kits and chose those that matched all the strips.  I mostly used small pieces to fit them on the strips in the matching areas.
I love it when multiple collections match so perfectly together like this.  It was fun to add little things here and there and match them up to the colored strips.  Here you can see that after I glued down the strips, I machine stitched through them all.  I did distress all the edges and bent them up a bit to create some fun dimension.
I had a heat embossing mishap (haha...check out the video for this!) but I managed to get some gold onto a few of the wood veneer frames.  I wound up cutting one in half and using it as a layer here.  These pretty blue flowers are from the Jen Hadfield sticker sheet, and I stuck them to white cardstock and then cut them out so I could move them around.  I also added some more gold accents using more of the gold Thickers and then some gold splatters.
I added some matching thread in a few places for added color & texture.
More details and pretty colors :)


I added my journaling down at the bottom using a black fine tip Sharpie.  I have been obsessed with the gold puffy Thickers...these words are perfection.
Here are a few more shots of all the details :)

I really love how this turned out, and I hope it inspires you in some way today.  Tone-on-tone designs like this are fun because it helps limit what you can use in certain areas.  It helps narrow down your choices when there are sooooo many things!

Here's my process video if you'd like to see more details:

 


 

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment