Saturday, August 1, 2020

Summer Relax / Hip Kit Club

Happy Saturday, friends!  I have a new layout to share today for Hip Kit Club.  I used the 2020 July Hip Kits, and they are bursting with summer goodness...yay!  I used a lot of Dear Lizzy Here & Now as well as some of the exclusive Pocket Life cards.  I also used one of the many gorgeous summer cut files for this month.  This layout has many moving parts, so it took a while to finish, but I love how it turned out.

I cut the SUMMER cut file on white cardstock and chose a pink and orange patterned paper to back it.  I smudged white gesso on that paper and then splattered some white acrylic paint over it.  I wanted to create a faded and distressed look.  I tore a strip of the Dear Lizzy rainbow paper to add beneath that.  I used thick smooth white cardstock as my background.  I did coat it with clear gesso first.  I used a mix of the Nuvo Mousse from the Color Kit and a blue Lindy's Spray from an older kit to create the blue color wash on the background.


I wanted to have a variety of rainbow colors on this, so I made sure to spread the colors around.  I decided to add color to the actual cut file, and I wanted it to be yellow.  I used a Stamp Market ink pad from the May Color Kit...I just stamped the ink onto some plastic and then used a brush with water to "watercolor" the paper.  I machine stitched with blue thread as well once it was all dry.


I created a little cluster on the bottom half of the page under the photo.  I fussy cut "relax" and "HOT" from Pocket Life cards.  The pink flower & flamingo are Dear Lizzy stickers.  The flip flops are an exclusive die cut, and I cut the glasses from a Dear Lizzy paper.  I added in lot of thread here...some green, yellow & pink.  I used two of the Dear Lizzy label stickers to write my journaling.


I used another Dear Lizzy paper as a layer behind the photo.


Above the cut file I created another cluster.  I based it on this Dear Lizzy sticker.  I backed it with white cardstock first and then cut it out.  I hand cut a few wonky clouds and used one of the exclusive stamps to create another little sunshine.  I popped the sticker and most of the clouds with adhesive foam to create some dimension.  I also went around the edges of the clouds with a grey gelato to give them a tad of color.


I love all this color & texture!


This cut file is very detailed.  It has some palm trees, an umbrella...a few suns.  There are a few more tiny images that actually tore when I pulled the cut file off the cutting mat.  I didn't worry about it...I just concentrated on the trees and umbrella.  I recreated the suns, making them larger.  I punched two yellow circles from a Pocket Life card and smudged some yellow and orange ink around the edges to make them a little more dimensional.  I added "rays" behind the circles by punching stars from white cardstock.  I added the yellow and orange ink to those and glued them to the circles.  Instant suns :)  I used gelatos from my stash to color the trees & umbrella.


I added in a cut flamingo sticker and a few more die cuts in a few places.


I added a mix of yellow & orange thread under the suns and popped them up with adhesive foam.


A few more details...




I hope this inspires you in some way today.  The kits and cut files this month are off the charts awesome!  I can't wait to make my next page.  Be sure to check out my process video for all the MANY details of this layout...haha :D



Thanks so much for stopping by!!  Have a great weekend :)



No comments:

Post a Comment