Monday, August 3, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio August Challenge / You

Happy Monday, friends! The August Challenge is up over at Pinkfresh Studio, and it's all about florals.  The color scheme is perfect for the new Celebrate collection.  This special collection is a collaboration with Altenew, and it's full of pretty flowers.


Here is what I created using Celebrate.  I started by fussy cutting these large flowers from one of the patterned papers.  They are pretty big, so I wanted them to encompass my photo and be the biggest design element on the page.  I used minimal embellishments because I wanted to keep things clean and focused on the photo & the flowers. 

My background is textured white cardstock, and I used a combination of the Pinkfresh Mini Ink Cubes & Liquid Watercolors.  Since there was a lot of pink and coral going on, I wanted to pull more from the yellow flowers and add that color the background.


I first added clear gesso to the cardstock to prep it.  I started by scraping a few of the ink pads right onto the cardstock and then spreading the color around with a water brush.  When some of the ink pads reacted with the water and gesso, they changed colors slightly.  I brought in some of the Liquid Watercolors and add more of the shade I wanted.  It took a while, but I kept working at it until it was right.  The Ink Cubes I used were Peach Fuzz, Ballet Slipper, Sparkling Rose & Coral Reef.


I added some white tissue paper and part of a pretty pink patterned paper behind the photo as well as some adhesive foam.  I added a few die cuts to the right of the photo as well as a small yellow flower that I fussy cut from a larger paper.  I also tucked in some matching thread in a few places around the photo.  The title I cut on white cardstock from the You Die Set.  I cut it twice and glued them together to make it a little thicker.


I also popped the flowers up using adhesive foam.  I love the depth and dimension this creates.  I also had a scrap left over from a previous page that had some leaf stem bits left over, so I cut them out and used them.




I used a few of the Celebrate stamps as well on the page.


I used another sentiment stamp as part of the title.


Here are more close-ups :)






I hope this inspires you to play along with us this month!  Go HERE.  As always, you could win a $50 gift card to the Pinkfresh Studio Store!  That's a GREAT gift, and there are SO many awesome products there.

Check out my process video to see how I made this:



Thanks so much for stopping by!  See you again tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment