Thursday, August 1, 2019

New August Missy Color Kit / Shimmerz Paints

Hey there, friends!  I'm here today to share the new Shimmerz Paints August Color Kitz with you...yay!  First up is the Missy Whidden Color Kit, and it's very tropical.  The Missy Kit is $18.95 and includes the following:

  • Spritz Plum Pudding
  • Shimmerz Rita on the Rocks (NEW)
  • Inklingz Beets Me
  • Creameez Pining For You
  • 3 exclusive Dotz
  • Paige Evans Hibiscus cut file


Here's the layout I created.  I wanted to back the cut file, but I wanted to use painted paper instead of patterned papers.  So I coated a textured sheet of white cardstock with gesso.  I lightly traced the shapes of the cut file and then painted those areas using all the colors listed.  I did want to add in a bit of darker pink and some yellow, so I pulled in two outside colors--Coloringz Pink Stilettos and Vibez Mustard Seed.  Once the paint was dry, I cut the shapes out and backed the cut file with them.


These colors are so gorgeous!  They are all shimmery, and they blend so beautifully together.  Once the cut file was backed, I used a small brush and added some detail in a few places.  I wanted dimension, so I added adhesive foam behind the cut file to raise it up off the page.


I pulled out a few pieces from various collections to embellish with.  I have some pieces from Altenew, Hip Kit Club...some stickers from MAMBI and sequins from SpiegelMom Scraps.  Here is where I used on of the Dotz.


Look at this gorgeous hibiscus Dotz!  My favorite.  I layered it here in between some leaves.  I added in a Heidi Swapp vellum piece here because it matched so well.


I decided to use a soft purple cardstock as the background.  I wanted to jazz it up, so I smudged a lot of white gesso down behind where the cut file and photo were going to go.  I used the Inklingz Beets Me with a bit of the Pink Stilettos to create a big watercolor area.  I used the packaging technique, a brush and my hands.  I used some of the stickers from the new Heidi Swapp Sticker Book for my title and mixed them with some older white puffy stickers from my stash.


Towards the end of the process, I decided to throw in another color...light blue.  These are clear stickers from Altenew.  I stuck them to white cardstock first and then cut them out.  I love the addition of this color!


A few more shots of the all the details...





This was so much fun to make...seriously!  It's awesome to just start with white cardstock and paints and make your own layout from scratch.  You can see how this came together with lots more details here in my process video:



Here's a look at the August Edition Color Kit.  The prices is $15.95, and it includes:

  • Coloringz Heidi Ho Blue
  • Vibez Hermit the Frog
  • Shimmerz Pink
  • Inklingz Sunkissed
  • SpiegelMom Scraps sequins
  • Shimmerz ice cream cut file



You can purchase these kitz HERE in the Shimmerz Store.  Quantities are limited, so get over there and get yours!

Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a great day!!


2 comments:

  1. Aloha Missy - is that hibiscus cut file exclusive to your kit? Your layout is beautiful! Mahalo, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharring with us a tinge of your work. I often visit your site and every time I voraciously admire your works. Kudos to you and your work.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” - Author Čestitka za rojstni dan otroku

    ReplyDelete