Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Hip Kit Club / Together

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I have a new layout to share today for Hip Kit Club.  I used the new 2019 August Hip Kits.  They are SO bright and colorful!  This page focuses on the Paige Evans Truly Grateful collection.  I also used a patterned paper from the Vicki Boutin Wildflowers & Honey collection.  I was first inspired by the hexagons on that paper, so I pulled out my hexagon punch to create lots of shapes.  I punched a lot of hexagons from the Truly Grateful Paper 14 and a few from the Vicki Boutin Queen Bee papers. I used a darker blue Truly Grateful paper as my background.


I knew I wanted to create a big background design with all the hexagons, but I wanted to add some mixed media behind them.  I began by adding some gesso to the blue paper.  I pulled out some the yellow and pink Lindy's Stamp Gang powders from the Color Kit.  I sprinkled some of the powder onto the background and spritzed it with water to activate it.  I mainly wanted a wash of color peeking through all the hexagons, so while it's still subtle, you can still see it's there.


I used this Truly Grateful Epoxy Sticker for my title.  It was perfect for these two rare photos of my girls in the same photos...haha.  They were throwing swim rings into the pool :)  I layered some Pocket Life cards behind the photos as well as some tangled threads.  I added a few Truly Grateful die cut flowers beneath the photos.


I wanted something light under the title sticker, so these lighter flowers did the trick.  I did add some adhesive foam under the photos to raise them up off the page a big.  I also used some of the Truly Grateful sequins from the Embellishment Pack.


I wanted to add lots of texture and detail, so I machine stitched around the edges of each hexagon.  Yes, I changed the thread colors to match...haha.  I ruffled up the edges of each hexagon to create some really awesome dimension.  I went through all the coordinating stickers and found some hearts, stars and word stickers.  I placed them tone-on-tone onto most of the hexagons.  I also added in a few of the Vicki Boutin layered butterfly stickers.


More Truly Grateful heart stickers here :)


I did add foam under each sticker...I love the effect that creates!


One of the last things I did was water down some white acrylic paint to splatter around the page.  White always shows up so nicely on a dark background like this.


One more just because :)


Okay, that's it for today!  I hope this gives you some fun ideas to try on your next page.  This was a lot of fun to create!

Check out my process video here for all the details:



Thank you so much, and I'll see you again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment