Wednesday, May 15, 2019

One Happy Girl / Hip Kit Club

Hello again, friends!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Hip Kit Club.  Once again, I'm using the 2019 April Hip Kits.  This is my sixth page using these kits, and they continue to inspire me.  I used a lot of the Paige Evans Horizon collection for this.  I was in the mood to punch some papers, so I pulled out an old loopy loop Martha Stewart border punch and created some rainbow strips from that gorgeous Horizon sunburst Paper 03.  I layered them together and machine stitched through each row with matching thread.  I love all the texture!


I used thick white cardstock as my background, and I used lots of different colors behind the papers and embellishments.  I used several Shimmerz sprays from past Color Kits as well as the Fuzzy Navel Magical Powder from Lindy's Gang from the April Color Kit.  Here you can see the fun texture created from the punched strips.  I created a small cluster here using some die cut flowers, a flower cluster that I cut from a Pocket Life card, some Horizon stickers, and an exclusive puffy sticker.


I used a photo strip in black and white.  This allows all those bright colors to really pop.  I used so many colorful things here as layers...Horizon stickers, chipboard stickers, a Dear Lizzy dimensional sticker, a puffy sticker, and a fussy cut flower.  I also used a few of the 4x6 Pocket Life cards behind the photo.  I added a pop of darker blue with some tangled thread.


I added one of the Horizon tags here under the photo strip.  I cut it up instead of using it as is.  I mixed and matched the title using the navy exclusive puffy alphas with a Horizon sticker.


I've been wanting to use this green "weekend" puffy sticker, and I love how it looks here with the green spray on the background.


Here are even more close-ups of all the fun colors, details and textures.





I added this piece to the edge of the photo here.  It was actually a globe die cut, but I cut it and made it a circle.


This page was so fun to make :)  I hope you got some idea from this.  Do you have any older border punches like this one?  I need to use mine more.

Here's my video in case you'd like to watch :)



Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful photos surrounded by colorful love! Darling layout page!

    ReplyDelete