Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Go Girl / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I'm here today with my first layout for Hip Kit Club using the new 2019 May Hip Kits…yay!  They are so gorgeous and colorful.  I started with one of this month’s exclusive title cut files and cut it on one of the bright Horizon papers from the Main Kit.  I made it pretty big, so it also serves as the main design element.  I arranged my three photos around the cut file and embellished all around them.  I went with black & white photos so all those colors would really pop.  I used this beautiful black and white star paper from the Crate Paper All Heart collection as my background, and I used all three Lindy’s Gang Magical Shakers from the Color Kit as well as some sprays from past Color Kits.


I love creating watercolor backgrounds that are visible behind a cut file.  I first added some white gesso to the background to prep the paper and to fade out some of the stars.  I used some plastic packaging and a brush to apply the color.  The powders are easy to use;  I spritzed some water down, sprinkled some powder and then used a brush to spread it around.  I popped the cut file up with some adhesive foam.


These kits have so many fun stickers!   I used several from the Crate Paper All Heart collection as well as some from the Simple Stories Oh Happy Day collection.  All of these are in the Pocket Life Kit.


I was so excited about these exclusive fabric bows!  They’re very easy to assemble, and you can mix and match them if you want.  I also used a few of the All Heart clear stickers from the Embellishment Kit, which look so awesome on backgrounds.


More fun stickers here…and a great shot of the pretty blue powder.  Here you can see where I mixed in some of the sprays from previous kits to get a few different shades of blue.  I love how the Color Kits from the past always seem to match future kits!


I added in some matching colors of tangled thread in a few places to add color and texture.


I fussy cut this rainbow from an exclusive Pocket Life card.  Don’t be afraid to cut those cards up if you see something you like on one of them!


This yellow is so pretty.  These Lindy’s Gang Shakers are the coolest.  Here I added a few more Simple Stories stickers.


This cute speech bubble is from the exclusive Die Cuts.  They match everything so perfectly!  And I love the All Heart clear stickers…they give a stamped effect.


I always take too many close-ups, but I like to show the layout from every angle.  So here are a few more.




I hope this gives you some ideas to try with your new kits!  This was a lot of fun to make, and this cut file helped this page come together pretty quickly.  Be on the lookout for it over on the website soon.  And I have a process video for this layout here, so check it out to see all the details!



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a GREAT day!


No comments:

Post a Comment