Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Today Was So Fun / Hip Kit Club

Hello again!  I have a new layout to share for Hip Kit Club using the new 2018 November Hip Kits!  Yay!  They are beautiful, and I was inspired to used lots of leaves for this page.  I used a heart shaped leaf wreath cut file from the October cut files (available on the Hip Kit website) as a starting point.  I used a beautiful pink watercolor wash patterned paper from Heidi Swapp as my background and ran the cut file off the left side of the page.

I used a palette knife to smudge down some white gesso on the background paper to prep it for some mixed media work.  Patterned paper is pretty thin and isn't really sturdy enough to handle a lot of liquids.  The gesso prepares the surface so the liquids don't soak right through the paper.  I used lots of beautiful Shimmerz to create the watercolor splotches.  There are three Shimmerz Paints in the Color Kit--Vibez Deep Blue Sea, Creameez Good Ol' Summer Time & Shimmerz Mint To Be.  I used them all plus a few more from previous Color Kits.


The November Kits are full of various types of leaves.  I used some of the exclusive die cut leaves as well as these gorgeous acetate leaves.  They are perfect for Fall pages!  I mixed and matched my title using a Heidi Swapp vellum die cut, some dark blue exclusive alphas and some matte gold Thickers.  The black clear stickers are exclusive this month.


I used a few exclusive Project Life cards as layers behind the photos as well as some tissue paper.  I tucked in some exclusive floral puffy stickers, more acetate leaves and more Heidi Swapp vellum florals.  I mixed two blue thread together here for some added texture and color.  I also added some adhesive foam under the photos to raise them up of the page a bit.


My Cameo had a bit of trouble cutting this cut file because it's so detailed and intricate, but I was careful with it and was able to salvage most of it.  Honestly, the left side got pretty ripped up, so that's why I ran it off the page.  Turns out I love it like that...haha!  Here are some more of the exclusive leaves...so pretty!


We also get some enamel dots this month...the perfect little detail :)  I did a bit of machine stitching through the cut file to add some detail and texture.


My journaling worked nicely underneath the photo area.


And a few more photos of the details:



Have you gotten your November Kits yet?  They are really pretty, and I had fun making this.  I hope it inspires you!

If you'd like to watch how I made this, check out my process video here:



Thank you so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment