Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Grateful Love / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  I have a new layout to share today for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2018 November Hip Kits :)  Our theme this week is Family/Gratitude.  I used one of this month's free cut files (available on the Hip Kit website).  I played around with the placement of it and eventually decided to place it on the bottom left side, kind of crooked and running off the page.  I used some soft pink cardstock from the Cardstock Kit as my background.  I used some white gesso first and then came in with the Shimmerz from the Color Kit.  I also used a few colors from previous Color Kits.  I used the packaging technique as well as my brush to add splatters.

These photos are of my husband and daughter at their school's Thankgsiving Dinner a few years ago.  I printed them in color because they have mostly neutral colors in them and worked well with the kits.


Once the background was dry, I lightly glued down the cut file and then machine stitched through each letter with navy blue thread.  I love the color and texture it adds.  I used some of the Heidi Swapp vellum and paper die cuts as well as some of the exclusive leaves from the kits.  I love the colored acetate leaves!  These blue ones are gorgeous.  I also used a few of the exclusive black clear phrase stickers.


I used a few Project Life cards as layers behind the photos as well as some tissue paper from my stash.  Here you can see more of the vellum and acetate pieces.  I punched a circle from one of the woodgrain Project Life cards here and added an XO clear sticker.  I noticed I had a few more circles on the page and wanted to add one to this area of the page.


These adorable wood veneer pieces are also exclusive this month, and they have adhesive on the back.  And gold foiling!  What's not to love?  :)


I love creating mixed media backgrounds like this to show through cut files.  Sometimes I like to back cut files, but I left this one open.  I cut it on one of the Heidi Swapp patterned papers.  At first it was a bit too dark, so I smudged some white gesso over it to soften it up.


I love these matte gold Thickers.  They are nice and big and perfect for titles.  I layered this one over the bottom of the photos and tucked in some dark blue thread under it.


I wanted a bit of a pattern behind the pink cardstock, so I crookedly sliced off some of the cardstock along the top and right side.  I attached one of the exclusive patterned papers behind it...a beautiful blue and white gingham pattern.  I machine stitched around the edges with gold thread and created a small cluster in the upper right corner.  I fussy cut this pink flower from a Heidi Swapp paper and layered in some leaves, a circle die cut and some thread.


And one more close-up of all the details :)


I really love how this turned out, and it was fun to make.  I've said it a million times, but these kits are always amazing.  They make it so easy to put together great pages!  I have a process video here if you're interested.



Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment