Tuesday, July 17, 2018

High on Sunshine / Hip Kit Club

Hey, friends!  Happy Tuesday :)  Today I'm sharing a new layout for Hip Kit Club.  Our assignment for Monday was to focus on fringe.  The fringe I created sort of turned into pleats, but I love the finished look of it!  I used the 2018 June Hip Kits for this.  My 2018 July Kits turned up on my doorstep as I was finishing this one.  I used patterned paper to create my fringe pieces.  I covered them with gesso and then various Shimmerz sprays from previous Color Kits as well as the Shimmerz Frostbite from this month’s Color Kit.  I cut the paper into strips and then folded it accordian style.  I machine stitched through them, and they make the greatest embellishments!  They create awesome texture as well.


I incorporated lots of embellishments on the layout including some Pinkfresh Studio chipboard and lots of floral die cuts from Pretty Little Studio.  I added lots of adhesive foam behind my photos to raise them up since they overlapped the fringe pieces.


I used a Pinkfresh Studio paper as my background.  I coated a good portion of it with white gesso and then used some pink, yellow and blue Shimmerz sprays from past Color Kits to create the watercolor look.  I also added in some coordinating colors of tangled thread.


For a pop of orange, I used this cute Pinkfresh Studio epoxy circle sticker.


I’ve been wanting to use these gorgeous Pretty Little Studio floral die cuts since I opened the kits, and this was the perfect page for them!


I really love the look of this pleated fringe…or my version of it…haha!  Once they were stitched together, I could move them around easily until I found the right spot for them.


I cut this big lemon from patterned paper to mimic a sun since this is a Summer layout, I love how it looks peeking out from behind the photo.


I hope this inspires you to create your own “fringe.”  You can get a different look if you have fringe scissors, but I wanted to take a different spin on it.  Give it a try!  Check out my process video if you’d like to see how I made this:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I'll see you soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment