Friday, July 13, 2018

Cutie / Paige Evans DT

Happy Friday!  Yeah!  I'm back today to share a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team.  I’ve been wanting to create a layout using Paige’s Heart Group cut file for awhile now, and I finally did! I used some of my favorite techniques to put this page together including backing the cut file and using plastic packaging to smudge around some watercolors t. Once I cut the hearts out on a slanted angle, I pulled out Fancy Free Paper 03 to back it. I’ve been hoarding that paper because it’s so pretty, but the patterned circles fit perfectly behind the hearts. I left some open so the mixed media would show through.


I cut the hearts from white cardstock using a Silhouette Cameo so all the bright colors would stand out. I machine stitched with gold thread around the hearts I didn’t back. I added some adhesive foam behind the entire cut file to give it some dimension. I embellished only around the photo using some Turn the Page Chipboard Stickers and Ephemera Die Cuts. I also added more pops of gold from the Turn the Page Washi Tape Book - I used the rose gold dots from the centers of the row of flowers.


I also tucked in a Turn the Page Journaling Spot here. There are several stickers from 30-page Paige Evans #StickerBook that coordinate. I went small with the title and used the Pick-Me-Up Mini Thickers. I added some watercolor and Color Shine to jazz them up.


I love how you can see all the pretty shimmery watercolor through all the hearts! I added in some tangled thread in several areas to add more texture and color.


I love how flowers look peeking out from behind a photo...they are one of my favorite images to use for layering.  Those little tabs are also fun!


I had to be very careful as I machine stitched around these hearts.  I was proud of myself for staying inside the lines...haha!  I have to make myself go slow and turn the paper every few stitches.  Here you can see some of the little gold dot washi tape stickers I added in.


I wish I had several sheets of this Fancy Free patterned paper.  The colors and patterns are perfect, and I don't think I could ever get tired of creating with them.


One last close-up of the title and journaling area.  I also hope I never run out of the Mini Thickers...they have quickly become my favorite go-to Thickers to use.


I hope this inspires you to create something fun and colorful with that one hoarded piece of paper you have...haha!  You'll never see it if you never use it.  Mine stayed tucked away on my shelf until now.  I'm so proud that I finally used it :D  Here's my process video if you'd like to see this layout being created:



Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a fabulous weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your creative videos by accident over this weekend! I love your style! I have not done any multimedia crafting myself, but scrapbook a little and make cards. I was wondering if I might ask you a couple of questions. I have an idea for one of my grandchildren, but I'm not sure what I want to do will work.. Will I be able to use clear or white Gesso over an artist canvas? If so, Would I be able to stamp and emboss part of the background? I'm thinking 12 x 18 for my first project or do you think that would be too overwhelming for a beginner? Thank you so much. I will keep watching your videos so I may learn more from you.. You have a talented eye for you art!! <3

    ReplyDelete