Saturday, December 16, 2017

Oh So Cold / SpiegelMom Scraps Guest Designer

Happy Saturday, friends!  I'm back today to share another layout I created for SpiegelMom Scraps as the December Guest Designer.  The theme on the blog this month is Winter, so I dug into my stash of photos and found this one of me and my husband in Las Vegas a few years ago.  We went right after Christmas so it was cold!  I used a lot of the Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa collection and mixed it with some random washi tapes and a few bits from last year's November Hip Kit.  I topped it all off with sequins from the On Pointe and Aquarius packs.  I didn't have a plan when I started this page, so I just went for it by tearing some patterned paper and adding in a few washi strips.



I used some Distress Oxides on the background along with some Shimmerz sprays.  I wanted to pull the colors from the papers and tapes onto the background.  I also added gold...it's in the dotted washi tape, and I machine stitched up the edge of the green plaid paper with gold thread.  And, of course, I added GOLD Color Shine :)  I used one of Paige Evan's snowflake cut files and cut them on vellum to scatter around the page in a subtle way.  I fussy cut those little trees from a Crate Paper paper and tucked them in here on the side.


I decided to add a few paper strips over to the left hand side to jazz up all the white space over there.  I machine stitched through it, added a vellum snowflake and some pink sequins.


Here you can see all the fun paint splatters...I love the layers of color.


You know I had to add some tangled thread!  I mixed pink and white here.  And I forgot to mention that I did add white gesso over the background before I added the watercolor.  I also used a circle stencil and smudged some white acrylic paint over it...I love how all the white looks like snow :)


I used one of the Crate Paper acetate pieces for my title here...it was perfect!  My journaling fit perfectly under the snowflake here.  I scattered even more sequins around the page...lots of blues, pinks and silvers.


I had a great time making this page. I hope you enjoy it...and I hope it inspires you in some way.  Be sure to check out my process video to see how I made it!


Thanks for stopping in, and have a great weekend!  Don't forget to use this discount code in the SpiegelMom Scraps Store!

1 comment: