Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Hello Love / Cocoa Vanilla Studio

Hello again!  I'm back today to share my newest layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  I was up on the blog last Friday.  I used the new Wild At Heart collection, and I just love all the deep rich colors.  I decided to go a bit abstract and artsy with this, so I chose a neutral patterned paper for my background.  This light grey and white wood grain was perfect.  I covered a lot of it with white gesso first and then used a lot of coordinating Shimmerz sprays.  I used the packaging technique as well as just directly spraying the mist onto the paper. 

I used a fun cut file from The Cut Shoppe and cut several pinwheel shapes from different papers.  I arranged them messily on the background along with some tangled thread. I adhered them down and stitched through a lot of them with my sewing machine.  I embellished with Chipboard Stickers, Wood Veneer, Cardstock Stickers and a Flair Button.


I love how this came out.  Sometimes I just like random shapes just because they look cool :)  I've used this cut file a few times on previous pages, and it always looks awesome.  I used the large LOVE chipboard stickers as part of my title here, and I added a few arrow stickers.  I love how the background work shows through the shapes.


To add to the messy factor here, I added some tangled thread throughout the page.  That's one of my favorite things to do, and I don't even know why...other than I love how it looks!  I added three wood veneer hearts around the page, and that piece down below is a Rubber Charm...it's adorable!


I love this dimension!  I used one of the Flair Buttons to complete my title here.


The fun thing about using shapes like this is the ends curl up.  This works with flowers and leaves, too.  Just glue down the centers and not the whole piece, and the edges will lift off the page and create a fun 3D effect.


For layering behind my photo, I added a bit of tissue paper from my stash as well as a few scraps left over from cutting the shapes.  I added a cute "perfect" tab sticker up top.


Here's one more look below the photo.  I added another sticker and a chipboard arrow piece and then my journaling.


This is such a beautiful collection to work with...I hope you love it, too!  Here's my process video if you'd like to check it out...



Thanks so much for visiting me today...have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment