Saturday, March 25, 2017

Embrace Being You / Shimmerz Education Team

Hey, friends!  Happy Weekend....yeah!  I'm back to share a new layout for the Shimmerz Education Team combining a ton of Shimmerz Paints.  I've had this gorgeous geometric heart cut file in my files for a while.  It's from Just Nick Studio, and I decided to cut it on some white cardstock and create my own stencil.  I placed the stencil over another sheet of white cardstock and went to town with all kinds of Shimmerz.

I used some of the new Paste-eez and Acritonez as well as some Coloringz, Vibez, Inklingz and Creameez.  I used an old credit card to smudge some paste over the stencil, and I used some plastic packaging, a brush, my finger...a little bit of everything!  I embellished with some bits and pieces from an old Hip Kit, including some exclusive die cuts and stickers.  I also fussy cut some flowers from a Simple Stories paper, some Crate Paper rubber charms, some wood veneer and a Freckled Fawn puffy word sticker.


To get this beautiful and colorful background, I used some washi tape to hold the stencil to the background paper.  Since the inner pieces are so thin, I had to apply all the Shimmerz very carefully so I wouldn't tear them.  I mixed and match so many of the colors.  I also added some splattering.  Here you can see how gorgeous the colors look together.  This is a mix of Paste-eez Raspberry Sherbet & Hold the Mustard as well as Acritonez Pinkadelic, Coloringz Pretty in Pink, Mandarin Mai Tai, Vibez Sweetheart and Inklingz Beets Me.


I used lots of blues and aquas including Acritonez Blue My Top, Coloringz Well Blue Me Down & Heidi Ho Blue, Vibez Snow Way Man, Inklingz Me & Blue and Blue Lagoon.  I used a few of the Hip Kit Project Life cards as layers behind my photo and then layered the flowers around the edges.  I also added some fun foam under it for dimension as well as some tangled thread.


I just love how this turned out!  I made sure to let the pinks dry first before coming in with the blues.  You can see how the blue stands out on top of the pink.  That's because I let it dry before mixing.


I love how easily the Shimmerz products blend and work together.  The pastes blend with the acrylics, and they blend with the liquids as well.  You can't beat that :)


Here's one more close up of the photo area.  The dimension here turned out really nice.  I love the shadowing it creates!


I have a process video to share of this page...I hope you enjoy and get some inspiration!



Supplies Used:
Paste-eez--Raspberry Sherbet, Hold the Mustard
Acritonez--Pinkadelic, Blue My Top
Coloringz--Pretty in Pink, Mandarin Mai Tai, Well Blue Me Down, Heidi Ho Blue
Vibez--Sweetheart, Snow Way Man
Inklingz--Me & Blue, Blue Lagoon, Beets Me
Creameez--Just Peachie


And don't forget about how you can get a FREE product when you shop in the Shimmerz Store!


Thanks for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful, it's a gorgeous layout. I love it!
    incredible work as always Missy... I'm your fan number one
    kisses from Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Missy! This is such a stunning page! I tried it but my stencil stuck to the paper and it was a mess. Which paper do you use to cut on your Silhouette? Love all your layouts and cannot wait for your videos. My all time favorite scrapper.....I like messy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete