Sunday, November 20, 2016

Santa Baby / Hip Kit Club

Hey friends!  I hope you're enjoying your weekend :)  Today I'm sharing the first layout I created using the 2016 November Hip Kits from Hip Kit Club.  This was shared last Monday on the HKC Facebook page.  I can't say enough how gorgeous these kits are.  There are a lot of exclusives this month...papers, stickers, Project Life cards, die cuts, flair...you name it.  There is also a lot of Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa and some Pinkfresh Studio.  I'm so thrilled that there is a lot of aqua and pink in the mix.  I used a lot of that here on this page.

This gorgeous background paper is a Kim Watson exclusive.  I just had to use it...isn't it gorgeous?  It's available in the Main Kit & Paper Kit.  I went with a horizontal design.  My two photos are of Paige from a few years ago on Christmas Eve sporting her adorable pink Santa hat (that she wore for about a minute...haha).  My theme for this page was to get creative with ephemera, so I created somewhat of a landscape around the photos.  I used several tree die cuts, one cut from a PL card and several die cut trees from one of Irit's cut files for November.  I painted them gold with Vibez Glorious Day (from last month's Color Kit).  I used that same Vibez on the background as well as some of the Coloringz Well Blue Me Down from this month's Color Kit.  I also added in some pink spray from my stash.  The first piece I picked out to use on this page was that cute polar bear tag.  He's just the cutest!


I stacked all these trees around the bear and then added in that adorable acetate deer.  Those are from the December Documented Kit this month. Those shiny gold acrylic shapes are from Pinkfresh Studio, and they're gorgeous!  The cute cut apart phrases are exclusives. I added some foam adhesive behind some of the trees to create dimension.


These are probably my most favorite Hip Kit alphas ever!  They're both manufactured by Pinkfresh Studio, but the pink ones are exclusives to this Hip Kit.  I love the gold foiling!  The flair is exclusive and so is the washi tape below the title.  And don't forget about those sequins!  There really is an overload of beauty in all the pieces this month.  I stitched through those alphas without any problems, so if you like to do that, go for it!


I added another cute flair here with some gold thread under it, a strip of Pinkfresh washi, and another exclusive phrase.  I also added plain white tissue paper under my pictures.


Here you can see even more detail.  I added several puffy snowflake stickers...again, they're exclusive!  This gorgeous "Merry" piece is from the Pinkfresh acrylics.  I added in some cord to the bear tag and also some pink thread under it.


This cute snowman is on the exclusive puffy sticker sheet.  This 24 tag is part of the December Documented Kit this month.  There is a whole pack of calendar numbers.  I don't do the DD, so I used it as an embellishment since these were taken on Christmas Eve.


One last close-up of the top left area...more splatters, more stickers & sequins and more cut apart phrases.  There are so many little things to embellish with this month!  It's hard to stop!


Here's my process video for this page...I hope you enjoy and perhaps get some fun ideas!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment