Friday, November 4, 2016

All the Pumpkins / Simple Stories

It's Friday...yay!  I thought I'd share another layout for Simple Stories using the Happy Haunting Simple Set.  It's a small collection with just a few patterned papers and a sticker sheet, so I pulled out some light kraft cardstock from my stash to use as a background.  I used a fun grid stencil and some ink sprays from Shimmerz and Heidi Swapp to create a messy base to layer my photos on.  I used some of the patterned papers and some tissue paper behind the photo and decided to center it.  I used my Cameo and a fun cut file from The Cut Shoppe to created the row of pumpkins.  I wanted them to be subtle and not overpower the photo, so I didn't back them with paper or anything.


Since I used gold on the background, I machine stitched with gold through the pumpkins.  I fussy cut "happy haunting" from patterned paper and added foam and thread under it and used it as a small secondary title.  I centered my journaling right under that.


For more pops of black, I added more thread under the photo.  All in all, this is a pretty simple layout.  The photo is pretty busy, so I didn't want to make the layout itself even busier.  I love how the gold turned out on the background.


Here's a look at the other side of the page...more of the same thing.  I love how dimensional the pumpkin stems are.


For my main title, I used some of the Snap Bold alphas in black and just wrote "all the" with a black Sharpie.  I wanted a small title, and I love how it turned out.


Thanks for stopping by today...and have a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I'm in love with the misting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible page Missy!! Loving the orange, black and kraft combo!

    ReplyDelete