Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sweet Moments / My Mind's Eye

Happy Sunday, friends!  I hope you're enjoying your weekend :)  I have a new layout for My Mind's Eye to share, and I used mostly the new Yes, Please collection.  It's all black, cream and gold if you haven't seen it...it's very bold and beautiful.  I decided to add lots of color to bits and pieces of it, so I pulled out some pink My Colors Cardstock to use as a background.  All of those gold outlined hearts are from the From The Heart patterned paper.  I used some watercolors to paint them.  I wanted to create two large clusters with my photos & the hearts, so I did that and left the center of the page open for my title.  I used lots of those same watercolors & some Shimmerz sprays to create all the background splatters.


These hearts were so fun to paint!  I painted them first and then fussy cut them out.  There is so much shiny gold in this collection, so if you're a gold fan, you need to check it out!  Once I had all the hearts arranged, I lightly taped them down with my ATG and then stitched through them...with gold, of course :)


Okay, these gorgeous gold acrylic shapes & words may be my favorite pieces in the whole collection.  I love the look of them and the font....so pretty!  I used this "Sweet" piece and combined it with some of the Sticker Sheet alphas.


I love the dimension of the acrylic pieces...so beautiful!  I used bits and pieces from the Hooray! collection to layer under my photos.  That collection is bursting with bright colors, so I pulled a few of the Journal Cards to used as layers here for little pops of color.  This little "Remember This Day" tab is from the Yes, Please Mixed Bag of die cuts.


I love how the watercolor turned out against the pink background!  So pretty and soft, yet it's still bright.  I layered in some tangled thread and more gold hearts from the Mixed Bag.  There are even more of those hearts on the Chipboard Elements sheet!


I hope this gives you some ideas on how you can incorporate some color into this collection.  It's very versatile and fun to play with :)  Thanks for stopping by today, and have a wonderful day!

1 comment: