Saturday, October 29, 2016

Little Spooks / Bella Blvd

It's the weekend, friends!  Yay!  I hope you are having a relaxing Saturday.  Today I'm sharing my newest layout for Bella Blvd.  I used the new Spooktacular collection, and it is just adorable.  I love that there is aqua mixed in with all the oranges, black and purples!  My photo is so cute...I bought these sweet little Halloween character dolls on clearance at Michael's several years ago, and they are perfect for photo props :)  I decided to use a white background and build some messy color behind my two clusters.  I used some orange acrylic paint for starters, and I smudged it on the paper using an old gift card.  Then I watered it down a bit and used my brush to splatter some around.  Then I pulled out my Blue Lagoon Shimmerz Inklingz and used the packaging technique.  It's the perfect aqua color and matches the color in the collection.


I just had to use this cute little witch.  She reminded me of the characters in the photo :)  I used some of the same orange paint as well as some Freshly Squeezed Shimmerz Coloringz behind her.  I did a little bit of black stitching to give her something to stand on, and I added a strip of the Bella Washi Stickers.  I added foam dots behind the witch as well as some black tangled thread.  I cut "spooks" on my Cameo using a purple paper from the 6x8 Paper Pad and paired it with some black Tiny Text alphas.


I created several layers behind my photo.  I used a few patterned papers, an orange vellum bag that I tore apart, a cute tag from the Paper Pieces pack and a die cut from white cardstock that I got from the Just Nick store.  I stitched a big square around it all and then added more Washi Stickers under it.


At the top of the cluster, I added one of the Tabbies and a few die cuts (the aqua cloud & bat).  I also added in one of the Designer Clips (the grey cloud).  I just tucked it in and glued it down.


Here's one more close-up of the background and layers.  I added in some aqua tangled thread and a cute little Tabbie that says "spooky friends."


I love how this came out...this collection is so much fun and has lots of possibilities.  I love that there is aqua in the mix as well as a few shades of purple.  So much fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Have a great weekend!

2 comments: