Friday, July 1, 2016

Hello Sunshine Paige / Hip Kit Club

Happy Friday, friends!  I'm back today to share another layout for Hip Kit Club using the 2016 June Hip Kits.  I was inspired by one of the weekly challenges to create a grid design, and this turned out a lot different than I originally planned (which is often the case).  I wound up doing a modified grid using my photos and a lot of fussy cut & die cut flowers.  I did stitch a grid pattern on my background and lined up the photos and big flowers on the center line.  The Simple Stories patterned paper mixed with Kim Watson's exclusive die cuts is a gorgeous combo!  I used a little bit of white gesso on the background and some of the Shimmerz sprays from the Color Kit.


The Jillibean Soup wood veneer pieces were the perfect embellishment for this page.  I love how they pick up the light kraft background and help keep a neutral effect against all that bright color.  I fussy cut "blooms" from one of Kim's exclusive papers and added some tangled thread for more pops of color.


Since I had all those wood veneer words scattered on the page and the nature of the design, I really didn't want to create a huge title.  And I just decided to use my daughter's name mixed with one of the cute phrase stickers from Simple Stories.  I am in love with those exclusive blue alphas...they are the perfect alpha.


Here's another look at the beautiful flowers...I love the texture and dimension they create!  I love how the thread looks peeking out from behind this orange flower, and the enamel dots provide even more little pops of color.


Another fussy cut word here...and I added pop dots under my photos to create some depth and allow me to tuck pieces under them.


You can check out my process video if you'd like to see how this came together...I hope you get some fun ideas to try!


Thank you so much for checking things out today...have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment