Saturday, April 16, 2016

Photoshoot Runaway / Bella Blvd

Happy Weekend, friends!  Today I wanted to share my latest layout for Bella Blvd.  I searched Pinterest for some inspiration for my project and I came across this amazing watercolor butterfly art.  I was instantly drawn to the colors and the artsy look of it.  I knew right away that I wanted to recreate this piece with my watercolors and some lovely Bella products.


I started with white cardstock and a digital butterfly image I've had in my Silhouette library for a long time.  It's from the Silhouette Store, and I enlarged it and cut it out.  I went through a few different Bella collections and chose papers that created a pastel rainbow.  These papers are from Sweet Baby Girl, Sweet Sweet Spring, Cute Baby Boy, She Blooms Illustrated Faith & Whatever is Lovely Illustrated Faith.  I wanted lots of color behind the butterfly, so I cut the papers in strips and adhered them to the back of the cardstock.  Then I coated the whole thing with some white gesso and then used lots of watercolor to replicate the Pinterest image.


I went around the entire butterfly and machine stitched...very slowly and carefully...haha!  Then I began embellishing.  I pulled bits and pieces from all the collections.  I added enamel dots to the flowers, and the big flower and the photo have pop dots under them for dimenstion.  I mixed and matched the alphas for my title.


I love how the watercolor turned out...just the right amount of each color on each area of the layout.  These chipboard pieces are from She Blooms.  I seriously can't get enough of that beautiful collection.


This sun is just adorable, and I couldn't resist creating a little sky at the top with some clouds.  I added some blue thread here to echo the sky, and again, I added pop dots.  I love the shadowing it creates!


One of my favorite things about Bella is the explosion of color in the products.  This close up represents all my favorite colors...everything just looks so Springy and fresh and bright!


Thanks so much for stopping by today...have a great weekend, friends!

4 comments:

  1. Such a great interpretation of your inspiration!! I love the colors - just perfect with this collection!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout Missy! Love all the patterned papers and the cheery colours. Great take on the beautiful inspiration piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfectly precious, Missy! Love the watercolor effect, and your stitching always shines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the pastels and great use of so many collections!

    ReplyDelete