Monday, December 22, 2014

December Snapshots / Chickaniddy Crafts

********Go HERE for The Cut Shoppe & Paper Camellia Blog Hop!********

Hey there!  Are you ready for Christmas yet?  There is just so much to get done before Thursday!  I need an extra week in there somewhere...

Today I'm sharing my December project for Chickaniddy Crafts.  It's a fun and festive Christmas layout, and I love the bright colors in this line!  This was up on the blog HERE last week.

I love getting into the Christmas spirit, and working with the beautiful and bright Jolly Good collection puts me in the holiday mood.  I love that this line is fun and whimsical, and these pictures of my sweet little girl in her pink Santa shirt coordinated perfectly!

Have you seen the FREE printable tags from the Jolly Good line yet?  I used four of them that I printed onto white cardstock.  They are super easy to print and use!  You can find them HERE.

I used two in my top right cluster and I layered two to the right of my photos.


Supplies Used: Jolly Good Printable Tags, JG140S04 Sweater Weather, JG140S09 Snow Play, JG104S08 Holiday, JG140S07 Making Spirits Bright, JG14EB05 Banners, JG14EB06 Tags, JG14EB03 Journal Tags, JG14EB01 Sticker Sheet, JG14EB08 Mini Brads, JG14EB07 Sentiments, JG14ST01 Clear Stamps, Liquitex Gesso, Artist's Loft Watercolors, Faber Castell Gelatos, Crafter's Workshop Stencil, Colorbox Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Craft Smart Ink, Prima Chalk Ink, Brother Sewing Machine, Coats Thread, Recollections Washi Tape, cord, cardstock, Silhouette Cameo, Black Sharpie Pen.

Here's how I went about creating this layout:

1.  I started with the Sweater Weather patterned paper.  I used the back side because it was pretty neutral.  I coated it with clear gesso.  I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil and a blue gelato to create the blue circles.  I also used watercolors and a few other gelatos to create the colorful background.


2.  I sorted through the patterned papers and chose a few based on color.  I cut them into long strips to give my photos a base.  I added a few layers behind my photos for some separation and then adhered them.

3.  Here, you can see how I next layered in the two printable tags and a few stickers from the 12x12 Sticker Sheet.  I added some stitching around the edges of the tags.  I decided to use the coordinating stamps as part of my title.  Using chalk inks, I stamped "December," and then hand cut it out.  I popped it up to give it some dimension.


Here's another angle of the layers.


4.  I couldn't resist using these adorable little diamond stickers from the Banners Mini Sticker Sheet.



I lightly inked up the edges and scattered them above and below my photos.  I also used the adorable little star stamp here and there.


5.  I wanted to add something to my upper right corner, so I used two more of the printable tags layered on top of a few label stickers.  I added a little banner sticker and a pink brad.


These cute printable tags are really fun and easy to use.  They add fun pops of color to your layout, and they make great layering pieces.  There are lots more to choose from, too!

I hope this inspires you to give them a try on your Christmas projects!  Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome use of the Chickaniddy collection, Missy!! You always do an awesome job mixing fun, bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Missy! Gosh, I love the freedom you have with mixed media! And your mix of patterns and stitching is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fun and gorgeous page! Love the layering and all the special, little details!

    ReplyDelete