Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cookie Smile / My Mind's Eye

Happy Tuesday!  I really can't believe December is here...this year has flown by so fast!  Unbelievable how quickly it all goes. 

Today I'm sharing my latest layout created for My Mind's Eye.  I'm still getting lots of use out of the awesome Jubilee collections.  I used the Tangerine range for this page featuring my sweet Reese and her funny way of eating Vanilla Wafers :)  This layout was up on the MME blog last week HERE.

I really love the papers and colors in this line, and I wanted to use a few of them without it being too busy.  I chose the woodgrain, blue and white stripes and orange polka dots with a small strip of yellow.  This is a good example of seeing how adding gesso can blend and/or fade out some of the pattern and color.  Once I adhered the papers down, I decided where to place my photo.  Then I took some modeling paste and a stencil and created some triangles.  Gesso came next, which I just smudged with my finger.  Once that dried, I used some blue and green gelatos to create a blue "haze" around  my photo.  I love the effect it gives.


I used this circle die cut I had lying around in a stack of "stuff," and then I did some stitching.  I also added in some older MME decorative tapes.  I love that I can go back to older products and they match perfectly to the newer ones!


Lots of layering going on here.  I used one of the little frames in the 3x4 journaling cards package and painted it orange to place around the photo.  I also stitched on it to give it more intereest.  I dug into the Teals Necessities line for the WOW sticker and added a few brads and rubons as well.


Here you can see some of the paste texture...I love the subtle look of the triangles.  I also was excited to use this Smile chipboard piece...I just love it!


I hope this has inspired you somehow to throw in a little mixed media onto your projects...it's really not nearly as difficult as it looks.  Gelatos are a great way to start...they go on like butter and are very hard to mess up.  Very easy and lots of fun!

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous!! LOVE the colors and mixed media!!! your layouts are always amazing!!!! love your details

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous line! Love that woodgrain paper to bits and how you've fused everything together with your mixed media background! Totally inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really awesome Missy! I love the wood grain, with the diagonal stripes!!

    ReplyDelete