Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Long Drive to Georgia / The Cut Shoppe

Hey there, everyone!  I'm so excited to share my very first layout as a Design Team Member for The Cut Shoppe!  It was up on the blog HERE yesterday.

The hardest part about creating a layout with Ashley's amazing cut files is narrowing down which ones to use!  I decided on two for this project.  I wanted to scrap this picture of my best friend and me headed on a road trip to Georgia last year.  I love these chat bubbles, and they were perfect because what else do you do in a car with your friend for eight hours?!  Haha!  We talked and chatted up a storm.  I used different patterned papers from Elle's Studio to back the cuts and layered my photo on top.  I added gesso, watercolors and modeling paste to the background to add even more color.


I also used the Alpha Junior cut file to create the word "drive."  I love the hearts in so many of the letters....so cute!  I added some machine stitching here and there as well.


Here's another angle of the Chit Chat cut file.


And one more.  These cuts are just so fun and easy to use for your background or a major design element in your projects.


If you're interested, here are the exact cut files I used, which are available in the store HERE.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/207282696/the-chit-chat-cuf-file-includes-4?ref=shop_home_active_1


https://www.etsy.com/listing/208143068/the-alpha-junior-cut-file-is-a?ref=shop_home_active_13


Thanks so much for stopping by today!



2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Those paper-pieced bubbles are too fun! What a happy page!

    ReplyDelete