Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Hey, Let's Go Outside / My Scraps & More

Hey there, friends!  All I have to say is BRRRRR!  This Florida girl does not like the cold!  It's warming up again here, but the past few days have been rather chilly.  I live in the Sunshine State for a reason...haha :D  I wouldn't survive in all the snow that so many of my scrappy friends have to deal with.  I need humidity...haha.  And I know our version of "cold" is much different than up North...but for us, it's COLD! 

With that being said, here's a cute summer layout I created a few weeks ago for My Scraps & More.  It was for a Throwback Thursday challenge to use an older collection and to use an embellishment with a sentiment on it.  I pulled out the Mint Julep line from Basic Grey.  I used some of my Tim Holtz Distress Inks and a Crafter's Workshop stencil to create the soft blue design on the background.  For once, I didn't use any modeling paste or watercolors...haha.  Sometimes I like to go a different route.


I did add lots of fun machine stitching, some of which was here on my paper layers.  I love the pretty florals in this line, and so I layered some around my photo.


More stitching here.  I really love using stitching as a fun design element, too...not just for keeping things together.  I haven't tried stitching through chipboard yet...I'm kind of afraid to...


One of my favorite parts of this collection is the fun acetate pieces.  These banner parts and the fun little arrow are so cute!


Do you ever pause on using all the brand new collections and create a page using something old from your stash?  I think if I literally didn't shop at all for a year or two, I'd still have plenty of scrappy supplies to work with.  What I need more of is TIME!  Getting through all of this will take me until the end of eternity...haha!  But that's a good problem to have, right?!

In other My Scraps & More news.....you can save 20% off through the month of November by using the code THANKS20. Go HERE to visit the store...there is SO MUCH to choose from!!  And Audrey has super fast shipping.  This is my favorite store...it's awesome!!

Also....My Scraps & More is having a DESIGN TEAM CALL for 2015!  Let me tell you, I have been on this team for over two years, and I absolutely love it.  Audrey wants to expand the team, and if you're interested, check out this post HERE with all of the information.  Good luck to all those applying!  I can't say enough wonderful things about this team and Audrey :)

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. Such a soft, sweet take on a primary color palette! Love all those bitty florals! My girl is the same way. Love it ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a fan of your backgrounds Missy! Perfect choice of paper to showcase that precious photo !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome Missy!! Love all of the layers behind your photo and the cute title!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just awesome Missy!! LOVE the layers, the background, the photo ... everything!! and I realize I have this collection too, somewhere, untouched ... I need to find it! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the layering so much! And I love the background misting too!! Such a great page!!

    ReplyDelete