Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Date Night with Chickaniddy Crafts!

Hey there, everyone!  I'm quite excited to be sharing my very first project for Chickaniddy Crafts!  It features the new Date Night collection, and it is nothing short of awesome!  

I decided to scrap a few date night photos of me and my husband from last month.  We were able to get away for a few days, and we flew out to Las Vegas.  We went to the George Strait concert, and I knew that I needed to scrap this memory.  The photos were taken with my iPhone in bad lighting, but they still are very special :)

I began with the Cutest Couple paper for my background and built the design from there.  I added  my own mixed media flair with some watercolors, modeling paste and glitter acrylic paint.  The rest is layers of patterned papers mixed with some adorable stickers.  I knew I had to use that darling guitar...it's perfect for my country concert photos!


I love adding dimension to my pages.  I used some pop dots to raise the guitar up a bit, and then I added a tangle of peach colored thread underneath it.  I also layered my die cut title on top of the guitar.  I just adore the alpha stickers in this collection...very easy to use, and such a gorgeous color.  I punched the heart from the silver foil paper.  It's super easy to use and cut because it's thin.


Another fun thing I love to do is tear my papers.  I like a not-so-perfect look to my layouts, and simply tearing the edges gives it a fun effect.  I find that inking the edges also gives it a little depth.  Isn't that ticket so cute?  Another perfect touch to a concert date page :)


The label stickers are so fun to use.  They coordinate so well with the patterns and colors, and they add just the right sentiment.  I added a cute enamel heart here...they can be used in so many ways.


Supplies Used:  Chickaniddy Date Night Collection - Papers: DN140S06 Cutest Couple, DN140S09 Together is Better, DN140S04 Love Letters, DN140S08 Wallflower, DN140S06 A Girl's Best Friend, CN145SP002 12x12 Silver Foil Paper; DN14EB01 Alpha Stickers; DN14EB04 Mini Sticker Tags; DN14EB02 Sticker Sheet; DN14EB07 Enamel Hearts; DN14EB06 Brads.  Other: Recollections Washi Tape; Artist's Loft Watercolors; Crafter's Workshop Template; Golden Modeling Paste; Martha Stewart Course Glitter Acrylic Paint & Heart Punches; Sharpie Black Pen; DMC Thread; Stampendous Ink; Pop Dots; Silhouette Cameo; Bazzill Cardstock

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope this inspires you to give this awesome new line a try.  It's so fun to use for those special dates, but it's still versatile enough to be used for other things as well.  You won't be disappointed!

Have a great day!

 

7 comments:

  1. AMO SEU TRABALHO, MARAVILHOSO! BEIJOS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing page for your first Chickaniddy post, Missy!! I love what you did with the Date Night collection, and the way you incorporated in your awesome Mixed Media style!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is stunning! Sooooooooooooooo eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this paper collection. Fabulous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very cool! I love all your fun layers and how you outlined the letters!

    ReplyDelete