Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Celebrate!

Happy 2014!  That doesn't even seem real to me yet...it's really unbelievable how fast time is flying by.  I've spent the first day of the new year trying to catch up on some design team layouts.  I wanted to share this fun and festive page that I created for a challenge at My Scraps and More the other day.  Our theme for December was CELEBRATE, and I think this page showcases that.

I made this really fun rainbow cake for my daughter's birthday a few years ago and this was the perfect time to scrap it.  It turned out even better than the image I had in my head!  I wanted it to look like a party exploded on my page.  My background was actually made by an accidental experiment.  I laid down a circle template and sprayed my different color inks over it.  It was just too busy and I didn't like it.  So I grabbed another piece of cardstock and flipped the template over and used it like a stamp.  So all the ink on it "stamped" onto the cardstock and left the negative circle shapes.  I liked it much better because it was messier and more random.

I sprayed a little more here and there and then added a few stamps and some sequins.  I also threw in some washi tape and some floss.  I just love this page!


Tape, paint, thread and sequins....a great combo :)


Aren't these ink colors so bold and awesome?  They're Dylusions by Ranger...OMG!  They're so bright...love them!


Orange...gotta have it in the rainbow mix :)


I think this blue is my favorite color, and I love the green and yellow mixed in with it.


I hope you've had a great New Year's Day!  I hope this year brings you lots of scrappy inspiration, motivation and fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love the bright colours, the messiness and how you matched the colour order of the rainbow cake. Great looking cake btw! Your daughter must have loved it. Happy New Year!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beyond cool!! the cake and the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Missy!! I love how you used the first piece of cardstock as a stamp!! You definitely achieved a fun, party look on your page!!

    ReplyDelete