Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Using the Negatives (My Scraps and More)

Hey, friends!  Before I get to today's post, I wanted to say thank you to all of you for the sweet comments about me making the MME Team.  I was blown away by all of the amazing things you guys said about me and my work...really, I was!  I don't feel worthy of your praise...I'm just a girl who LOVES scrappin' and being creative.  I'm so thankful to have such supportive crafty friends!  So thank you from the bottom of my heart!  It really does mean so much :)

The layout I'm sharing today is one I created for the Got Talent III contest over at My Scraps and More.  The challenge was to use the NEGATIVES of either a die cut or a punch.  I opted to use my Cameo and cut out a bunch of butterflies.  I backed that sheet with another white sheet of cardstock that I colored with gelatos. I wanted to create a girly ombre effect of reds, pinks and oranges.  The gelatos did just that!  It's hard to mess up with those things :)

I gave a light blue watercolor wash to create a pale sky effect, and then just layered in a few random matching bits of patterned papers from my stash.  A few pieces of washi tape, some stamps and a button finished it off.


I painted this butterfly...love how he turned out.


I left a lot of the dimension of the butterflies.  I didn't want to glue them down completely flat, so I left them raised.


You can check out all of our Got Talent Challenges right HERE if you'd like to join us!

Thank you so much for visiting me...and have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic idea! The butterflies are gorgeous! Fabulous use of the gelatos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look of the butterflies Missy!! The Ombre look from the Gelatos is rally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another really fabulous layout! Love the very cool effect. I am with you on the gelatos... love, love, love them.:)

    ReplyDelete