Thursday, August 8, 2013

More Simple Stories GDT projects

Hey there!  Today I'm sharing the final three projects I created as a Guest Designer at Simple Stories this month.  I really could have made more projects with all the amazing products, but I just ran out of time.  I had such a great time being a part of this, and I'm so lucky to have received this amazing collection!  Thanks for having me, Simple Stories :)

If you're familiar with SS, then you know there are always a few sheets with half-page designs on them.  This black piece was one, so I decided to use it as a big piece of my layout.  I started with that and just added on top of it.  The yellow piece with the hearts cut out was part of an album that comes with the kit.  I'm not a big album maker, so I used it on my page.  I layered in the rest and placed my photos on the side.  I used a pre-made 3x4 card as my title.  SS makes titling so easy for you!


I'm a sucker for rainbows!  I wish I had a whole pack of this brad alone :)


Fun chipboard pieces make the perfect little touches.


This page was an experiment.  I wanted to give the background a rainbow color wash, so I pulled out my gelatos and went to work.  I also spritzed some and then used a chevron mask and modeling paste.  I wanted a subtle texture back there, and that's exactly how it turned out.  It just sort of blends in.  I had the idea of the sky when the sun it setting...all the peaceful colors and how they blend together...that's what this reminds me of.


This chipboard banner is one of my favorite pieces in the collection.


A close-up of the texture and the cute triangles I cut out.


Finally, here's my last card.  Sweet and simple...I really wanted to use this cute chipboard bicycle.  I added a stamp at the bottom, and that was it.


Thank you so much for visiting me today...I hope you have a nice day!

3 comments:

  1. Love, love these projects! Simple Stories products rock, & you used them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rocked your Guest Designer spot Missy!! Love the technique on your second layout, and it does give the effect of the sunset! Congrats again on Guest Designing with Simple Stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so wonderful! You really rocked that collection to the max. Simple Stories must have loved your GDT efforts for you make their product shine!:)

    ReplyDelete