Sunday, October 28, 2012

Some My Scraps layouts...

Hi!  I just realized I have several pages that I haven't shared on my blog yet.  There is always so much fun going on at My Scraps and More that I just forget to post them here.  I am having a fun & relaxing Sunday, so I have some time to upload them here.  I hope you're having a nice weekend, and I hope our scrappy friends in the path of Hurricane Sandy stay safe!

This page features the new Midway collection from October Afternoon.  I was always hesitant to use OA because the patterns have always intimidated me.  But once I saw this line, I decided to dive right in, and I'm so glad I did!  This line was perfect for this picture of me and Reese on the carousel at Legoland.  If you've got pictures from the fair, carnival or theme parks, this line is just the ticket :)

This page was made for a {play} challenge, which was to use stamping on your page.  The arrows & cris-crossed lines are stamped.


Do you recognize this very old & ancient paper line?  It's the Green Stack from DCWV.  Yes, I still have it on my shelf :)  This was made for a challenge to pull out one of the oldest paper stacks you have and use it!  We tend to get enamored with the new lines, and our old ones get pushed to the back.  I saw this line in a while new light once I left it sitting dormant for a few years.  I love the earthy colors & designs!


I made this page for the Trick or Treat Crop that ends today.  The challenge was to use a non-traditional color on a Halloween layout.  This Witch Hazel line from October Afternoon has some blue in it, and I really never think of blue as a spooky color.  I love how it coordinates with the the oranges, greens & black.


Lastly, this page was also part of the Trick or Treat Crop.  It was based on an awesome Kristine Davidson sketch and my favorite candy, M&Ms!  I knew that I wanted to have a lot of bright, multi-colored circles on my page, so I dug out the circle mask & modeling paste.  Then I watered down some paints and sprayed my paper with water.  They dripped beautifully :)  The hardest part was waiting for my paper to dry.


Well, that's enough for now...haha!  Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Don't forget, you can find all of these October Afternoon goodies in the My Scraps store HERE, along with tons of other brands!

 Hope you have a great Sunday :)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Missy! Wow you are a busy lady!! I love to see all these layouts all in a row like this, they make me smile, one after the other. You just have a way of always achieving such a fun, energetic look on all of your pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Missy!! All of these are so amazing!! Love your use of the OA on two of your pages (the Midway collection is so fun), and the older papers look really awesome on your second layout! The modeling paste and paint drips on your last one are really fabulous!! Love, love all of these!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG here are so many fabulous colourful and fun LOs. The last one here is just fantastic with all the running and dripping paint, love it to bits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are all awesome! I Love your use of OA!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at all of your fantastic layouts was liking getting a large candy bars on Halloween. I love the Midway papers and I too own the Green stack just had to have it but I haven't used it either. You've inspired me to dig into something old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your beautiful layouts!!!! I especially love the layout with the Midway collection! I just piled up on goodies from this collection this weekend. I am a new follower coming from the ScrapFIT blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, what beautiful pages, Missy! So much to love and be inspired by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa!!! Those are so fun to look at! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete