Friday, February 4, 2011

A few layouts...

I'm late with another Sketchy Thursdays sketch! (The story of my life lately...) I just got too busy and didn't get it completed in time. It was one of those projects that I just didn't like it once I started it. I don't know if it was the papers or the colors, but I just had to sit it aside and come back to it. I still don't consider it one of my favorite creations, but I do LOVE the sketch and the pictures of my sweet little Paige's First Christmas last year! :)

Here is the sketch:


And here is what I made. I used My Mind's Eye Wonderful Winter papers again. I added some stitching and cut out a tag for the title background. I also stamped some dots on the green background to add a bit of a white "snow" effect. I cut the snowmen from paper.


I also created this one...my beautiful Reese flashing her gorgeous smile :) I used a flourish mask and misted the background, and then I outlined it in black pen. I did a lot of doodling around the striped paper and the scalloped picture border.

I used a butterfly stamp and then stickled it...what a great and cheap way to make an embellishment!

1 comment:

  1. Love these!!! Great colors on these pages. And like the tie around that one paper in the second page.

    ReplyDelete