Friday, October 15, 2021

Beautiful Homegrown / Paige Evans DT

Hello again, friends!  I'm back today with a new layout for the Paige Evans Design Team featuring the beautiful Bungalow Lane collection. I wanted to use the Washi Tape so I combined those with Paige’s Butterfly Border cut file to get my design started. I cut the butterflies on textured white cardstock and then covered the inside pieces with the tapes in rainbow colors. I placed them back inside the cut file and popped them up off the page using adhesive foam. I tucked my photo strip along the top of the butterflies and added mixed media down below.

 

I used thick smooth white cardstock for the base and I coated it with clear gesso first. I pulled out Shimmerz Paints that coordinate perfectly with Bungalow Lane and painted each color under the matching butterfly. I also used the Acrylic Stamps to add subtle details to each color section.  I love how the mixed media turned out here. I wanted the colors to stay separated but also blend into the next one. I wanted to embellish a little bit down in those areas, so I used a few cute buttons from the Chipboard Stickers and the 8-Page Sticker Book. I added more detail to these butterflies by machine stitching metallic gold trails. I love the detail of stitching so much!

Here you can see how I used the Washi Tapes to cover the butterflies.  I just added the tape and then trimmed around the edges and placed the butterflies back inside the cut file.  I added some adhesive foam under them to pop them off the page and then added a few sequins to the centers.
Here you can see the subtle stamping detail.  It's very small...just adds a bit of interest and texture.  I had originally cut the butterflies a few times, so I had some extras.  I painted one of each color and added them to the bottom areas of each color.
I added a few simple layers behind the photo using Paper 22 and some white tissue paper.  I got in the mood to machine stitch, so I did some messy lines using gold metallic thread.
I added some cord to this pinkish tag to finish it off.  Love that texture!
I love the look of watered down stamping.  I smudged these hearts with some water and they turned out hazy and soft.  Very easy to do when you use gesso on the background :)
At the bottom of the layout I decided to pull out an old Martha Stewart scalloped border punch and add some color & interest.  I added a bit of Paper 12 and then tore small strips of each Washi Tape.  I added a "thankful" die cut and more machine stitching.
The Washi Tapes are so much fun to use! I used some the Foam Phrase Stickers for my larger title and I centered it under the butterflies. I added matching thread under a few of the butterflies and then added the “Homegrown” from the Ephemera Die Cuts to complete the title.

I had a lot of fun making this, and I hope it inspires you today.  Thanks for stopping by, and have a great weekend!

Here's my process video:


Thank you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment