Friday, January 1, 2021

Celebrate Good Times / Hip Kit Club

Happy New Year!  I have a new layout to share today for Hip Kit Club featuring the 2020 December Hip Kits.  They are full of exclusives again this month, and right away I wanted to tear into this beautiful watercolor ombre patterned paper.  I tore it and used half of it for the background.  I glued it to a sheet of thick white cardstock and added some mixed media to that.

I didn't want to add much to the patterned paper because it's gorgeous as is.  I only splattered some white acrylic paint on that side.  On the white side, I used clear gesso first.  I used the Shimmerz Oakie Bear Blue from the Color Kit and mixed it with a Lindy's Gang Spray from an older kit.  I wanted to keep the blue watercolor mostly close to the photo area.


I used several exclusive embellishments on the layout.  I mixed the two alphas for the title.  I love both sets!  The small ones are perfect for little titles and details, and I mixed those with the large metallic silver alphas.  I love the fun font!  I toned down the shine a bit by smudging some white gesso over them.

There is a whole sheet of these cute puffy star stickers, and they matched this paper perfectly.  I also used a few of the chipboard sticker pieces...lots of frames and other shapes.
There are also a lot of acetate die cuts.  I layered in a few of those as well.  I decided to add in some items that were dark navy since that color was in my photo.
I love how white splatters look...the perfect light touch :)  I also love this soft blue acetate scalloped border die cut.  To make my photo stand out a bit more, I layered some white tissue paper and a bit of the teal cardstock under it.  The chipboard pieces raise it up a bit, but I also added some adhesive foam under it.
More stars and chipboard pieces...and some matching thread.  That striped paper is from a Pocket Life card.

To mix this blue color, I added both colors to the page and used a wet brush to help spread it around.  I also splattered the color around using a brush. 
This was my most pleasant surprise of this page...I dug out the silver Nuvo Glimmer Paste from last year's Christmas Kits.  I watered it down like I would paint and tried to splatter it around.  It worked!  I love those glittery silvery spots! 
I also used the exclusive stamp set here.  I used some silver and blue ink pads to stamp a few hearts on white cardstock.  I cut them out and only wound up using one here.  I popped it up and added a few chipboard heart stickers around it.

I really love how this one turned out.  These colors are so pretty together, and I love the addition of the silver elements.  I forgot to mention that I did do some machine stitching in a few places using metallic silver thread.

Here's my process video:


Thanks for watching, and I hope you have a great 2021!

No comments:

Post a Comment