Wednesday, June 20, 2018

You're the Best / Hip Kit Club

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I'm back today to share a new layout for Hip Kit Club.  This is my first page using the 2018 June Hip Kits.  I began with the Pretty Little Studio die cut tags from the Project Life Kit and worked my design around them.  There are a ton of them, and I chose three.  I created a horizontal design with one photo.  I used the Shimmerz paints from the Color Kit to add color behind the open spots on the tags.  I mixed the colors on some scratch paper and glued it behind the tags.  I also smudged some of the paint on the edges.  To break up all the white, I layered lots of Pretty Little Studio & Pinkfresh Studio die cut flowers on them.


I love all these bright colors!  Layering small die cuts like this can really create lots of dimension and add tons of color to your page.  I did add some adhesive foam behind the tags to pop them off the page.


This circle die cut fit perfectly right here, so I layered it over the photo.  I also added a Pinkfresh Studio epoxy sticker as well as a Pinkfresh Studio photo frame.


To make the letters on this tag stand out a bit more, I lightly traced around the letters with a pencil.


I used some Turquoise Mist cardstock as my background.  I smudged a lot of white gesso over it first and then used the Shimmerz again to create a watercolor effect.  These fun stamps are by Vicki Boutin, and they’re also in the Color Kit.  I topped the photo with a Pinkfresh Studio puffy sticker.


I used some embroidery floss from my stash to top all the tags.  I also added some black splatters.


Here’s one last close-up.  I tore a strip of the floral Bella Blvd paper for the bottom of my page.


I hope this gives you some ideas to try with these fun tags.  I can’t wait to see what you come up with!  I have a process video here for you showing how I put this all together.



Thanks so much for stopping by!  See you soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment