Okay, so for this layout, I used one of the Cocoa Vanilla cut files. I repeated the XO a few times and created a design and then welded it together in sort of a vertical / diagonal design. I knew I wanted to place my photo in the upper right corner, so this created a space for it. I used papers from the collection to back all those lines in the XOs. I love how it turned out! I did a little bit of watercoloring on the background to soften up all the white and keep it light and airy looking. My photo has a lot of white in it, so I wanted to keep it in color.
Backing cut files like this does take some time, but it's always worth the end result. I think using white as a base like this for the cut files allows all those other colors to really pop. I machine stitched through each row once I was finished backing. I added in several die cuts and stickers as embellishments, and my journaling fit nicely over on the lower right.
I love tucking in die cuts, and the florals in this collection are just gorgeous. They have a watercolor look to them, and the colors are just beautiful. I also used one of the flair buttons here, which I layered right on top of the photo with some tangled thread. I also used one of the chipboard pieces...that pretty pink and white frame. I also used some label-type stickers as layers.
I went simple and subtle with the title since the page is filled with big XOs. I used the alpha sticker sheet for this and it fit perfectly right in this space. There is another cluster under that consisting of die cuts and stickers and even a little vellum heart.
Speaking of vellum...check out these gorgeous flowers! There is a whole pack of vellum die cuts, and these flowers...oh my gosh! They are amazing. I had to layer a few here under my photo.
Here's my process video showing how I made this from start to finish if you're interested to watch. I hope you enjoy!
Thank you so much for watching and for stopping by! Have a great day!