Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Basic Grey Guest Designer / Fabulous Flier

Hey, friends!  I'm SOOOOOO over the moon excited to be the November Guest Designer for Basic Grey!  Yayyyyy!  I remember the very first sheet of scrapbook paper I ever bought in my local scrapbook store years ago was Basic Grey, and it was so pretty I never wanted to cut into it.  My heart skipped a beat when I received an email from THE Becky Fleck...yes....Becky Fleck!!  What!!  Of course I said YES! 

I received the beautiful new Sunkissed collection, and I created four layouts that are up on the BG blog today.  This is one of those pages.  I couldn't decide which papers to use first, so I used almost all of them!  I cut a bunch of butterflies on my Cameo and placed them on my background paper like they were flying out of the photo.  I did some mixed media work on the background using white gesso, gelatos and various spray inks.  I used my sewing machine to stitch through the centers of all the butterflies.


I just love these patterns and colors...they are so me!  I love them against this beautiful sky blue background sheet.  I added in some stickers and die cuts from the collection as well as some tangled thread from my stash.


This awesome "fabulous" die cut is part of the ephemera pack, and it makes the perfect title!  I paired it with some of the small pink alpha stickers and then added my journaling below it.


I'll be sharing my other pages in depth here on my blog in the next few days, so stay tuned!  In the meantime, you can check them all out on the BG blog.

A huge thanks to Becky and the Basic Grey Team for having me this month.  I has truly been an honor!

Have a great day, and a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow to all those who celebrate :)

1 comment: