Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Adore / My Mind's Eye

Happy Wednesday, friends!  I have a new layout for My Mind's Eye to share with you all today :)  I used the My Story collection again, and I did a little mixing and matching with the Fancy That and Market Street collections.  I pulled this background paper from Fancy That and used some of the Chipboard Elements and Decorative Tape from the Market Street lines. 

I was instantly inspired by this gorgeous floral paper from My Story.  I took some time and fussy cut out a huge flower cluster.  I knew right away I wanted to use that behind my photo.  I added some white gesso and pink and gold watercolors to the background.  I added the gold dotted decorative tape to give a bit more gold back there, and then I came in with some black ink splatters.  I used the beautiful gold foil scalloped banner from the Mixed Bag and added some die cuts, stickers, a brad, a chipboard heart and a few fussy cut pieces.  There are also some gold diamond-shaped Rub-Ons on there as well.


Sometimes fussy cutting can be tedious and it takes patience, but I think it's so worth it in the end.  I love the dimension this creates, and it looks awesome with gold thread behind it.  I added some gold thread to the center of that gold butterfly so it appears stitched down.


This "adore" piece is from Market Street, and it matches the look of the layout perfectly, I think.  I like how the layers under it look, and they add that pop of bright pink that you see in the flower cluster.


If you're a fan of shiny gold, this collection does not disappoint.  I love adding bits and pieces of it here and there, and this banner was the perfect addition.  I fussy cut more small flowers to layer over the end of the banner so it looks like it's hanging from them.  I fussy cut that string art heart from one of the 6x6 Paper Pad papers and then added in some word stickers from the Sticker Sheet.


Finally, I added in a few of the light pink and gold alpha stickers here at the bottom and topped it off with a Rub-On and some stitching.  I also added a small tear of tape and then added my date stamp under the golden arrow Rub-On.


I hope this gives you some ideas on what you can do with the My Story collection.  Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page! I just love that fussy cut flower you have behind your photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love that you set your photo on top of the beautiful flowers. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete