Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Happy Confetti Shaker Card / The Rubber Cafe Guest Designer

Hey there!  I wanted to share my last card for my Guest Design spot over at The Rubber Cafe with you today.  I had such a great time using the July Kit of the Month.  I had so much fun putting it together!

I decided to create a confetti shaker card.  I created my card base using the blue cardstock from the kit and then I freehand drew a sun with rays on one of the yellow papers from the 6x6 paper pad.  I used some of the white cardstock to cut this "Happy" frame on my Silhouette Cameo.

I pulled some red, orange and yellow Distress Inks from my stash to ink it and then backed it with some patterned papers.  I have a tutorial below on how I created the shaker element.


I gathered my confetti punch, several patterned papers, my die cut frame and two pieces of plastic packaging.


I started by gluing one of the plastic pieces to the back of the frame, leaving the top open.


I glued the second piece down on top of this one, again leaving the top open.  Then I ran it through my sewing machine to make sure it was secure.


Next, I punched a lot of little confetti circles from the patterned papers.  You could also cut these papers into teeny strips and then chop them up into little bits if you don't have a confetti punch.



I poured all those little circles into the pocket.


And here is what it looks like!  I went back and sewed the top closed so none of the confetti will come out.


Here's a close-up of the finished product.  I wrapped some of the orange wire ribbon from the kit around the frame and adhered it all down to the card base.  I added a few of the puffy stickers and a circle that I cut from one of the 6x6 papers with a bit of pink thread behind it.



Supplies:
Paper:  The Rubber Cafe'-Creative Cafe' Kit- Doodle Bug "Sun Kissed" paper pack and Bazzill Cardstock, stickers
Ribbon: from the Kit
Inks:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Thread:  Coates

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great Wednesday!

1 comment: