Sunday, September 21, 2014

Creative Scrappers #278 / It's P!nk!

Hey, friends!  I hope you're ready for some awesome sketch inspiration today because Creative Scrappers is up with a new one again!  I just love using sketches to get started on a layout.  Usually once I finish a layout, I look at it and think, "I would never have come up with this design on my own."  That's what I love about sketches...they help you go in a direction you likely wouldn't have even thought about in the first place.  This one here is one of those....it has an awesome grid design.  Check it out!


I just had to scrap some of the phone photos I took of P!nk during her concert in January.  We got to see her in Las Vegas, and it was unbelievable.  She is such a great performer and singer....all while flying through the air.  And she doesn't lip sync.  She sounded perfect, and we really enjoyed the show.

I used mostly papers from the Studio Calico Print Shop collection with a little bit of American Crafts Plus One thrown in.  Actually, I even used a bit of AC Sketchbook and a few others as well.  I keep all my AC stored together and I can't remember what line some of the embellishments go with!  I knew I wanted to use the obvious color here....pink.  I love this & paper, and so I decided to use orange and black as strong colors here as well.


I cut one of these tags from patterned paper and the other from cardstock.  I used distress inks and stamps to make it match.  I used a Jillibean Soup camera stamp here and added some inks to it, too.  I love handmade embellishments!  I used some AC stickers and some Tim Holtz rub-ons, and then my new fave!  Machine stitching!  LOVE LOVE LOVE!  Soooooo happy I finally learned how to do this.


Okay, here I pulled out other goodies to use....more stamps, chipboard stars that I embossed with silver powder, cute flair buttons and washi tape.  I love how so many random bits can come together so nicely.


Here you can see how I raised the photos up for dimension and was able to add some thread underneath as well as that big orange doily sticker.  I layered some stars, stickers and stamping on top of it.  That snapshot stamp is from Elle's Studio.  I love how the texture of the cardstock shows through!


We would love to have you play along with us!  You could win a prize from our sponsor, My Creative Scrapbook.  Also, every Wednesday we choose a Featured Layout to showcase on the blog...it could be you!  Make sure you link up on the Creative Scrappers blog by September 30th.

http://www.mycreativescrapbook.com/kits.htm

Also, don't forget to pre-order your new copy of Creating With Sketches V3 by October 15th!   Creative With Sketches will feature brand new sketches and layouts by many past and present design team members...you won't want to miss out on all that inspiration!



Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome Missy!! I love the Printshop collection with the other AC mixed in, and all of the fun stitching you added! Great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete