Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Vegas! / Stuck?! Sketches & My Scraps

Hello again!  I hope your Wednesday is off to a great start.  Today, I'm sharing a layout I created using a sketch from Stuck?! Sketches.  As soon as I saw it, I was inspired.  I love all of the triangles and layering. 

I also created this page for today's challenge over on the My Scraps & More boards.  Since my layout is about one of my favorite places....VEGAS...the challenge is to use some glitter and something shiny on your project :)  I used a gold glitter frame (from Crate Paper), some MME gold glitter tape, some gold embossed chipboard stars and some shiny gold thread.

I used the absolutely gorgeous Capture Life collection from Echo Park...this bokeh background reminded me of all the lights in Vegas, so it was perfect for my background!  I usually like to use paste and paints on my backgrounds, but this one needed no extra help...it's gorgeous AS IS!


Here you can see lots of the gold shine and glitter!  I'm obsessed with all things glittery and shiny these days!


Even when I make a mess with embossing powder...it still looks great on a layout about Vegas...haha!  That's because it practically rains glitter there :D  I found a pack of these cute arrow paper clips on clearance at Hobby Lobby weeks ago...I love them!


These big bold alpha stickers just seemed perfect for my title...Vegas is bold and loud!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

7 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous, love the glitter and bokeh, and the little flecks of gold are fab! So glad you joined us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE everything about this layout, Missy! The Bokeh paper looks great in the background, and I love how the other colors on your page coordinate so well with the Bokeh!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love this to bits, Missy! Every little detail couldn't be any more perfect! I have a sheet of this same paper, and I keep thinking it would be perfect for Christmas pics, but Vegas pics couldn't possibly be better ;). Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Missy! love all the details! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding me?! This layout is so fabulous, words can't quite explain it! The patterned papers are absolutely fabulous and SO Vegas! And I love the popped triangles here and there. And that gold thread just "thrown" on is nothing short of perfection! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the glitter and the gold thread just pops off the page! Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the gold touches Missy! Looks amazing! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete