Saturday, March 16, 2013

Little Chunk & a tutorial

Hey there, scrappy friends!  I hope you're enjoying this beautiful Saturday.  I'm excited to share a page I created for the My Scraps & More Sketch-a-thon featuring the new Color Me Happy line from Glitz...and let me tell you, it does just what it says!  These gorgeous rainbow colors make me very happy just looking at them :)  You can purchase them in the My Scraps store HERE.

I created this page based on a brand new sketch that I designed for the Sketch-a-thon.  This picture of Paige is one of my favorites, and I really wish I could show you the unedited version...her little chunky hiney is just soooo cute!  But in this day and age, you have to be careful abut what you post online, especially when your kids are involved.  So I censored her tushy :)  But you still get the idea.

I used some gesso to white-out the background to give my paper layers some separation from the busy stripes.  I wanted it subtle and soft around the edges.  I had so much fun playing around with all of these colors.  I added the yellow, blue, orange and red solids, but the rest is Glitz.  I cut the "love" arrow & the word "chunk" with my Cameo.


Don't you just love these awesome rhinestones!  They are so cool...I had to restrain myself from using them all on this one page!  I decided to save some for my next page :)


I didn't know what color to cut my "love" arrows in, so I finally decided to cut it white.  Then, I watered down some rainbow colored paints and just washed it over the cut, making it a rainbow by itself.  I am really happy with how it turned out.


 Here's the sketch I created.  What do you think of it?  I've only recently started creating them, and I'd love your feedback.


I also wanted to share a little tutorial I made for my GDT spot at My Creative Scrapbook. It's up on their blog HERE today, along with all of the pages I created using the beautiful March Main Kit. This was my first time doing a tutorial, and even though the process could be explained without photos, I always love to see pictures of a "how to." Don't you? :) Here it is... I'm now realizing that I should've taken these photos in better lighting...but it was raining that day and I didn't want to wait to finish my layout :)


And this is the layout that I used the lace on:


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful weekend :)

8 comments:

  1. These layouts are WONDERFUL. I extra love the chunk one! ;-) What a cute photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! What an adorable picture on the first layout!! I love all the awesome layering you did and how you used the busy striped pp in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super job on the sketch! Both pages are just adorable....and the paper line is perfect for that sweet nugget Paige!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Glitz page Missy!! That striped paper looks awesome for the background and the large rhinestones are a great touch!! And I love the soft, pretty effect on your second layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! Those rhinestones are yummy, I'd have the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page and great tutorial! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete