Saturday, July 14, 2012

Challenge Me Happy #26

Hello :)  Hope you're enjoying your Saturday.  We've had several little showers come through today, but it's been sunny & nice in between.  It's turning out to be a rather enjoyable evening.

I'm here to share the latest challenge at Challenge Me Happy.  This one is a word challenge, and the word is TODAY.  I was fortunate enough to receive some sponsored materials for this challenge from The Scrappin' Patch.  My papers, twine, chipboard title and clear cuts shapes were all sent to me, and let me tell you, they weren't easy for me to play with at first!  The papers aren't my usual color choices, and the clear cuts were all about winter time.  I live in Florida, so I really can't even use anything with the word "snow" on it...haha!  I got creative and used the snowy pinecones for leaves, and I used the birds as well.



Aren't these clear cut birds so cute?


I used a scribbly-type circle mask and misted the background with some black ink
.

Pine cone leaves? It's a stretch...haha! But I like the result.


The prize sponsor for this challenge is 2 Crafty Chipboard.


Also, the HOOPLA challenges are coming to an end. The DT members are busy visiting blogs and choosing the winners. One lucky lady will win a Big Shot & two Tim Holtz dies! Keep checking the CMH blog to see who wins! There will be a chosen winner for each challenge as well as a random draw winner. Good luck to everyone who played along!

3 comments:

  1. Oh you did get creative with this one! Love the birds and the pine cones are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing LO!! So many wonderful techniques and embellies. I'm just in love with these pine cones as leaves!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the monochromatic blue on this page!! And that little branch with the bird, is so stinkin' cute!! Loving the pretty misted swirl in the background too!

    ReplyDelete