Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Mind's Eye Entry - Challenge # 33

I hope everyone is enjoying a fun-filled St. Patty's Day weekend :) I finished up a layout for the March blog challenge at My Mind's Eye. I am so loving the news lines from MME. I splurged and used some of my Christmas money and got the new Be Amazing line. The colors and patterns are just unbelievable. It's really hard to cut these papers!

I must tell you this story...I had the majority of this layout all finished, and I left it on my desk to go do something. When I came back to it, I saw that my daughter had taken a pen and scribbled all over her face and the blank space on the right side!!! I almost had a heart attack!! I couldn't believe she chose my MME goodness to scribble on. Luckily, I was able to print a new picture and then rotate my background paper to cover up her art work. Talk about the layout that almost wasn't....

Here is the sketch:



I used one of my all-time favorite pictures of Reese from a few summers ago. This is her true smile, and she just looks so beautiful to me. She was having a great time in the pool, and the look on her face says it all.



I bought the sheet of transparencies that come with the line, and they are SO cool! The small kites at the bottom left and upper right are from that sheet.



Thanks for stopping by! See you soon :)

10 comments:

  1. This is stunning, Missy!! That is one gorgeous photo, too!! You totally rocked the sketch...good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow- this is SUPER gorgeous...PERFECTION!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this layout---the colors, the banner, the polka dots...and of course, the photo! What a cute li'l lady :) Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really stunning Missy! That b&w photo looks amazing with the MME papers and colors that you used! I love the twine tied around your paper and the cute little button in the center!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet layout...love your colouring! Awesome photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love seeing your work, Missy...love what you've done with the masked circles, the folded banners, and the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning!! I love your layering and the soft colors paired with her beautiful picture. You've made me want to run out and buy this line so I can play too. Great recovery from the pen disaster!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful layout, and great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely layout, Missy! From the photo to the misting it is just filled with goodness. I pinned this one! :)

    ReplyDelete