Thursday, December 1, 2011

ScrapFIT & Paper Thrills Reveal, plus a Sweet Peach layout

I have lots to share with you today! I can't believe it's December already. Holy cow, that was fast! My first layout is one from ScrapFIT. The new workout starting today is about your Word of the Year. I could think of no better word than "hope." My journaling is pretty serious...which is something I don't normally do in my layouts. But it's fitting for what's happening in my life and my outlook for my children's futures.

I did a lot of stitching on this one. I broke out my Bazzill templates and stitched a few flowers & leaves. I chalked them to add color. I also used a scallop shape as a mask and inked over it to create my background. I lightly chalked some blue color around the edges of the scallop. I used some bright papers from an old stack of DCWV from a few years ago.




The prize sponsor for this challenge is Paper Lovelies!

Paper Lovelies is an online paper crafting site filled with all that is good in the scrapbooking industry. Our monthly scrapbooking kits are hand-picked from some of the best retailers with you in mind so you won't miss out on the newest releases from your favorite manufacturers.

Our promise to you is to provide quality scrapbooking kits at an affordable cost. You'll love the flexibility of our kit club as you purchase just the kit you want, when you want it, all without the hassle of a subscription. Our kits are 15.00 each and every month!

Be sure to visit the ScrapFIT blog and check out what the other awesome DT members created for their Word of the Year. Link up your layout on the Mr. Linky...you have all month long!

Paper Thrills also has a new challenge up. I really loved this one. The challenge is to find an ad and use it as inspiration for your layout. I chose this Target Black Friday ad:

Here is what I created...I used a laser-cut piece of cardstock as a mask and misted & chalked around the edges. I used bright summery papers from an old stack of Me and My Big Ideas.



Lastly, I wanted to share a fourth layout I created using the Sweet Peach Crop Shop's December Juicy Kit. I usually tend to start with a white or kraft colored cardstock as my background, but I went out of my comfort zone and used a bold aqua color.



That's it for now! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! I always love your bright and beautiful pages! Thanks so much for sharing. And keeping you in my thoughts and prayers on your journaling. I had a hard time reading what you wrote as it made me teary. THERE is always hope though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, love the soft pastel color palette.

    ReplyDelete