Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Springy Mother's Day shadow box

I was browsing Michael's a few weeks ago and stumbled upon this adorable 7 Gypsies shadow box wall hanging. I immediately knew I could make something cute out of it. With Mother's Day approaching, I decided I wanted to make something for myself! I am always so worried about getting gifts made and/or bought, that I forget that I'm a mom, too! So I made this with pictures of my sweet Reese & Paige.



I'm a huge fan of bold & bright colors, so I knew I wanted it to pop. I have an old stack of American Girl papers, and they were perfect for this! I ransacked my embellishment collection and found all sorts of things I forgot I had. I'm really pleased with how this turned out and now I just need a spot to hang it :)

9 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Its always good to do something just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! This is the cutest thing ever! I loooooove all those bright colors and all the details are perfect! Great pics to!thanks for sharing..l just bought a shadow box at JoAnns, so I needed some ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy, this is so cute. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic!! I can't wait to make something with my shadow box. You rock!!! You are also the feature today at Paper Issues! http://paperissues.blogspot.com/2011/04/mothers-day-shadow-box.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love the fun colors and how you put everything together. Happy moms day-early!! :-). Saw this post on paper issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want me one of those....love the bright colours..just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  7. woow, how cute is that..!! Love the colours and the details.
    Love, Annemieke

    ReplyDelete